The Paso del Norte Clean Energy Incubator Program (PDN CEI) is a partnership of the University of Texas at El Paso and The Hub of Human Innovation, funded through support from the Texas State Energy Conservation Office (SECO). The PDN CEI Program enables the region to knit together many assets in the Clean Technology Sector:
- Massive regional research programs in clean tech
- Entrepreneurial support infrastructure
- The maquiladora program in Juarez MX, eager and able to provide advanced manufacturing expertise and capacity (more than 340 manufacturing institutions).
- Enormous global Department of Defense opportunity-pull demand represented by the military’s renewable energy ‘Net Zero’ initiative centered at Fort Bliss in El Paso
- Climate and workforce suited to the adoption and expansion of new Clean Energy technologies
At Fort Bliss and White Sands Missile Range (WMSR), the military is testing and evaluating alternative energy and efficiency technologies to achieve their goal to operate at Net Zero energy use by the year 2015 to be followed by Net Zero Water and Waste by 2018. The PDN CEI is working to interface with both Fort Bliss and the WSMR for identification and support of early-stage clean energy technologies that address clearly defined needs.
The PDN CEI Program also looks to accelerate the commercialization of technologies developed by regional universities and National Labs including UTEP, NMSU, Sandia and Los Alamos National Labs, WSMR, Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua (UACH), and Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez (UACJ). The PDN CEI will source technology from these institutions, help identify entrepreneurs to build the businesses, and aid with access to funding.
The Clean Energy Partners Program is a key component of the PDN CEI. The City of El Paso and other partners are committed to work closely with the PDN CEI. Some commercial business partners will take the lead in commercializing new technologies; others will test and evaluate the performance of products and services developed by companies associated with the Incubator, helping to accelerate product adoption and sales.
For more information about this program please contact Pancho Mangan at 915.321.3190 or by email at email@example.com